Product Release Engineer
Position: Product Release Engineer
Reports To: Product Release Manager
A Product Release Engineer works directly with our Product Development team to strengthen Edmund Optics’ position as a leading manufacturer of optical products. In support of that mission, he or she will be responsible for developing expertise in designated product areas, and developing and implementing product strategies within those areas. In addition to ownership of the strategy within those designated product areas, the Product Release Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with PRMs, Product Marketing Managers, Graphic Artists, Drafters, and our Web Team to create, review, or edit documentation, including effective product presentations for the web and catalog, and recommend product marketing and pricing strategy. Original content is based on basic information provided by Edmund Optics’’ engineers and Product Release Managers. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Execute plans for product lines
- Implement strategic plans for product lines, including new product additions, end-of-life processes, and revenue and profitability growth initiatives
- Maintain product roadmaps
- Execute on IP strategy
- Create, review, and/or edit documentation for the website, including line-art, technical drawings, prescription data files, filter curves, specification sheets, and cut sheets
- Create original catalog and web copy, optimized for both technical content and search engine optimization algorithms
- Ensure the timely and accurate creation and communication of new products to our inventory management teams throughout our product system
- Assist Product Release Managers with engineering change notices
- Serve as a key liaison between Product Development and Marketing to ensure our marketing messaging and schedule is aligned with our product development roadmap and schedule
- Make recommendations regarding product pricing
- Other duties as assigned
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound discretion and judgment, as well as work as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Desire to learn about and understand new technologies, particularly in areas related to Edmund Optics’ core capabilities and key customer markets and applications
- Willingness to work with many groups, across departments, and show strong team spirit
- Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects and priorities at once
- Comfortable with all MS Office software
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in technical field, or two (2) years of relevant experience.
Ability to travel; work in office and/or lab setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.