Field Sales Representative - UK & Ireland
Position: Field Sales Representative - UK & Ireland
Reports To: Sales Director Europe
Through an active field presence, this position will proactively act as a sales representative selling EO's products, services and core competencies to existing as well as future customers, within the allocated region. With the support of the regional sales manager and a dedicated regional team, will be in charge of select key accounts and prospecting within the region. Frequent travel to visit customers, trade shows and international company sites is required.
- Supporting and expanding existing and potential key account customers in the UK and Ireland
- Independently manage and grow select key accounts, including regular visits, forecasting, various service tasks and development of a personal relationship
- Identify and develop prospects within the region
- Identify trends and target markets within the region and work with European Sales and marketing on localized strategies
- Represent Edmund Optics at local trade shows and optics conferences
- Continuous documentation and follow-up of contacts, projects and offers leading to successful sales transactions including the respective reporting
- Internal international communication with R&D, production, application, marketing and sales
- Actively work on and manage OEM opportunities and RFQs, either independently or with Solution Engineering or European Engineering
- Create, negotiate and close out quotations
- Identifying, exploring and building new contacts
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive and professional representation of the company in front of customers
- Valid international driving license
- Ability to travel frequently
- Experienced in sales communications and negotiation skills
- Experience in outside sales and market knowledge
- Knowledge of company products, target markets and commercial positioning
- Fluency in English. Additional languages advantageous but not required
- Great communication skills and active listening
- Great organizational skills
- Motivated and self-starter
- Excellent MS Office, CRM & SAP skills
Minimum Diploma, BS and MS or PhD in either an optics related technical field or economics; alternatively equivalent work experience. Previous professional experience in sales or customer service is required, preferably in the optics industry.
Edmund Optics shall, at its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.