Document Control and Compliance Manager
Position: Document Control and Compliance Manager
Department: Regulatory & Compliance
Reports To: Director of Corporate Compliance
Highly skilled position, which directly reports to Compliance. Responsibilities include the coordinating of all Global Document Control, ISO Document Management, Safety, Ethics, Coordinating Training, Product Environmental Compliance, as well as Security policies and controls. Requires broad knowledge of different compliance regulations, as well as EO’s procedures and policies. A high level of experience, excellent communication and computer skills are a must.
- Responsible for the effective management and maintenance of the Global Document Control System
- Responsible for upgrading the current Document Control System to a Configuration Management System and managing process domestically as well as overseas
- Manage the ECN process
- Creation of forms, work instructions and procedures for ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 system
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Legal Department as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues for regulation including and not limited to OFAC, FCPA, EAR, ITAR, Truth in Negotiations Act, and Anti Kickback Act
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers
- Ensure regulatory documents are maintained in accordance with industry standards
- Interpret various local and global regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that they are communicated through corporate policies and procedures
- Lead, manage or represent the Compliance Department in cross-functional project teams or activities
- Acting as a liaison between departments or divisions
- Maintain and expand current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Identifying and coordinate the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others
To perform this position successfully, an individual must have experience in each of the essential functions of Compliance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills; PC literacy in Excel, Word, Adobe, Access, Power Point
- Ability to work independently and in a discretionary manner
- Project management skills
- Must have excellent organization, analytical, implementation, communication and presentation skills
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of employees
Bachelor’s Degree and eight (8) years related work experience in a managerial compliance role, SCCE Compliance and Ethics certification. Experience managing Document Control systems. Experience in managing document control system in an ISO 9001 environment.
Ability to lift up to 15 pounds and operate office equipment such as a copier; ability to see details at a close range; ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.