Position: Distribution Specialist
Reports To: Distribution Supervisor
Perform duties to assist in achieving company goals of on time and line fill by completing shipment preparation of finished goods orders for domestic and international customers. Work from shipping schedule, job orders, est. procedures and direct supervision.
- Receive inbound vendor/customer returns & process return to vendors as required
- Put away & label packed, received, and assembled items into inventory as required
- Pull & Put away parts for job orders as required
- Pick & Pack using scanners to process orders
- Receive/Unload all incoming shipments from vendors and receive into system
- Perform Mailroom related duties as required
- Process International shipments and documents as required
- Run reports for carriers and close out manifests as required
- Operate forklift, hand truck, power jack etc. as needed
- Operate package seal and fill station
- Timeliness and regular attendance are required
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill. And/or ability required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Able to count and verify merchandise
- Ability to learn SAP – will be required to run certain reports
- General reading and writing skills
- Able to stack and load products
- Follow all safety rules and procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
High School or equivalent, college preferred; one (1) to two (2) years experience in a warehouse environment.
Adequate manual dexterity to perform essential functions; ability to use some physical efforts in the handling of heavy materials, boxes or equipment (most tasks require no more than 50 lbs. lifting); position requires about 70% standing; ability to work in warehouse environment.
Edmund Optics shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.